January 26, 2011

Workout Log

I have some friends whose always asking me about the workout log. I just answered them that the log is to track your progress and to know if you need to change your routine or exercise. Some do replied when I ask them about it if they really understand it and I found out some answers quite amusing... :P

Anyway, here's a sample workout log for you guys out there...

Note: The workout log is where your program or exercise routine are printed.
Below is a sample workout, you can make your own, use this as only your guide.

Click to go big :)

Anyway, here's the info regarding it...
Optimum Nutrition 100% Whey Gold Standard, Double Rich Chocolate, 5 Pound
Exercise: This is what your going to do for a specific workout
Example: Bench Press, Inclined Bench Press etc etc etc
Sets: This is how many time will you do a workout per rest.
Optimum Nutrition 100% Whey Gold Standard Natural Whey, Natural Chocolate, 5 Pound
Example: Bench Press 3 X 12 - this means that you have to make three sets of a specific exercise for 12 repetitions or just like this...
   1. Set (this is the first set) X 12 Reps or repetition
   2. Set (this is the second set) X 12 Reps
   3. Set (this is the third set) X 12 Reps
Best Fitness BFOB10 Olympic Bench
Reps / Repetitions: This is how may times that you will perform each set of an exercise or just like this...
Example: Bench Press 3 X 12 (after the 'X' (also means 'of') is the reps.

   1. Set X 12 reps / repetitions of times you will pull, push, lift, curl or pump for a specific exercise/workout
   2. Set X 12
   3. Set X 12
Cap Barbell 40-Pound Dumbbell Set
Note: Reps may vary from any workout(s) that you will do. There are different workouts that you may or will encounter like HIT program or a Super Set program. Sometimes, it may be changed also if a person is too weak to perform the last set of a workout due to a high intensity workout from the 1st and second set or just too lazy to perform one :P
Bowflex SelectTech 552 Dumbbells
Explanation: In a bench press example above, we have a 3(sets)  X(of) 12(reps), in actual workout, usually a person uses a light weight(s) of plates or dumbbells(DB) on his first set doing a 15 to 20 reps - this is usually for the warm up, then on his/her second set the person may do a 10 to 12 reps using a much heavier weight(s) and for the last (3rd) set he/she may only do a 6 to 8 reps because the person may load a much more heavier weight(s) to intensify his/her workout.
Valeo Leather Lifting Belt, Black, Medium, 6 Inches
Note: In my workout, I usually make the fist set to warm me up my specific target of exercise - I use a 50% of my 2nd set weight (example: if i will bench press a 100lbs, I will perform a 50lbs for my 1st set)... doing a warm can help you to do more and to avoid future injuries. In my second sets, I doubled up the weights then on my last set I put on more weights but not to attract some attentions to my fellow body builder(s) but to make me able to step up on my weight training so that next time I return to the gym, I could lift, push, pull much more heavier weights with a proper rest, diet and exercise.

Rest: There are different types of rest in any of us when we here this word, but in the gym, the word 'rest' means a pause or interval in between sets or exercise that you will do to recover from your previous set. But don't rest for like waiting for another person to come in to the gym, rest only in a proper way. You could take a sip from your bottled water, putting some extra weights to your bar / machine or just sit there for 40-50 seconds before going to your next set of exercise.

Note: in my observation, i saw some people in the gym resting like he/she is their siesta mode. Some are chit chatting more than working more. Hello, your in the gym, your not in the mall or party, chatting can wait after the workout. Less talk, more workout.

Example:
Inclined Barbell Press

   1. Set X 15 Reps - Rest for less than a minute
   2. Set X 12 Reps - Rest for less than a minute
   3. Set X 10 Reps - Rest for less than a minute or so to prepare for your next exercise / workout

So guys, I hope this will help you more on your workout log or for the workouts that I will post here...

Get your workout log, study your routine, right down your accomplishment  to your log after working out and most of all work hard! That's why your on / in the gym and not in the beauty parlor.

No comments:

Post a Comment