January 15, 2011

Pandacan Fun Run 2011


Joined and finished this event... it's my very first 5K run and also a break-in for my new adidas shoes as well :P


I never thought that running could be fun especially with friends on your side. This event was held on my little home town called Pandacan. The good part was every corner of the streets that I've turned there's always someone who's cheering us up... well, if your a Pandaqueño anyone can notice you especially if you we're born and raised here.



Me and my friends - old and new - meet at the Liwasang Balagtas. There we saw some familiar faces and meet some one new. As the race about to start, me and Niel are still waiting for our three friends to come. Yes, they are late. The announcer told us to run now and my/our friends could catch up to us as soon they're arrive. As we jog/run, we saw the first water station, there we stop and get a water, in my surprise, it's not just water, it's Pocari Sweat. The taste is different than water but very refreshing to drink. At that point, I'm decided that if I will join another fun run like this, I'd better bring my own Pocari to quench my thirst.




My friend Niel brought his dslr camera when he run with us, men, I thought that he will not finish the race because of the dslr on his neck... but hey, he did finished it.



My official time of the race is 45 minutes, I think I could do more so next weekend, better practice my pace and stride to make a 18-20 minutes on a 5K run.


No comments:

Post a Comment