January 29, 2011

Food Trip at SM Manila

Me and wifey buy our grocery supply every after I received my paycheck... hence, we always take Dré and Ysa with us too to stroll and window shop at the same time.

This time, we decided to grocer at SM Manila. As I have told my wifey before and again and again, we should grocer as early as 11am to avoid any hustle on our way home. Why? Because every afternoon or night time taxi's are seldom to see beside the mall and the options you can pick to ride home is via mini bus - which is crowded as sardines - or PUJ - public utility jeep - that you will walk from the mall up to streets of the City Hall of Manila or just take some tricycle but the fare is much more like riding a taxi... well, almost :P

Anyway, my wifey need to wash our clothes before we go to the mall and as usual again we went there after 1pm. As we enter the mall, you can see many variety of stall of food, restaurants, fast food chains and more that caters any type of food you want. We decided to buy some waffles on stick at the Waffle Time. We bought two belgian chocolate waffles, one ham and cheese and a german cheese franks waffle. When we received all the waffles my Ysa told me that she wanted a sausage sandwich instead. That's why she's been quiet when we bought the waffles. I told Ysa that we will go to the next food stall that sells sausages named Hero Great Bites. We ordered a junior hungarian sausage for here. When I'm almost finished eating Ysa's waffle she told me that she also wanted a bite of her waffle... I said yes, why not, we shared the german cheese frank waffle. Then my Ysa's order arrived, a junior hungarian sausage for a hungry little girl. She told me that I should take the first bite... how sweet of her. I told Ysa that the sausage is a bit spicy but I think she could take the spice, she's brave when it comes to food. She fnished her sausage with a 500ml of water.

After we ate some waffles and a sausage, my son decided to have a hotdog also. I said why not, it's food anyway. We look for a stall that serves a hotdog on stick only. Then we came to the grocery of the mall and there is it... we ordered one for my kiddo. As my son eat his jumbo hotdog he ordered a chocolate zagu shake. Then my little girl asked me if she could also have some hotdog too. Again, why not. We bought a hotdog for my Ysa.

After all the eating, we went to the grocery... amen!

When we finished all the run about at the grocery, we then stop at kentucky fried chicken or simply KFC. I wanted to taste the double down sandwich - no buns just chicken. My wifey ordered a double down, three pieces of original recipe, two rice and some fries.

My verdict on the double down... too oily. For me, why not try to grill the chicken instead of frying it. Make it a barbecue flavored double down sandwich, this is what more Pinoys like. A BBQ is always more tastier than fried.

After all the eating at the mall, we then decided to go home. As expected, there's a long, long line for the taxi cab. As I fall in line to wait our turn to ride, my wifey saw her friend just about to ride a taxi. Her friend told us we could join her at the cab and she will just drop us off in front of our house. Thank God, she saves us from waiting in vain.

Now, as I finished this blog, my kids are still eating some of their picks at the grocer like some chocolate drink and stuffs... after this, I will eat my instant canton too. This blog makes me hungry too you know - wink-wink :P

No comments:

Post a Comment