July 06, 2010

Yzzy & Dré

Last week is a bit of a roller coaster to us - family. Well, at first my nephew Bianca - 6 years old,  got a fever from the different changing of the climate. My daughter Yzzy - 5 years old, tried to cheer her up and help her in any way she can. After two days, Bianca's little sister got a fever too due to exposure to her big sister and Yzzy still look up to her cousins. She even fan them on their sleep... sweet isn't it?


Anyway, after another two days, my daughter got a fever also as her two cousins almost on their recover stage. But what makes me and my wife got scared is her body temperature is 38.2 to 39 from morning to night. My wife decided to bring Yzzy to Sta. Ana Hospital. They do some blood and urine examination's on Yzzy. But the results is negative... she's safe for a dengue or for a urinary track infection (U.T.I) as that was here former record.

The female doctor checked Yzzy after several hours since I think that she's the only doctor in the emergency room. The Sta. Ana Hospital in Manila is a newly established and funded by a group of rich people to help the poor. From what I have learned, the hospital doesn't charge any patient(s) and they also giving them free medicines if it is available. I even noticed that they have this compact machine to check someone's heart... sorry guys, don't know what it is :P Anyways, as I scan through their facility, there are so many nurses attending their patients, all busy and very happy to serve them / us all. The security only allowed at least one person per patient.

When my daughter's temperature returned to normal, that's when the doctors ordered us for release. I would like to give something in return to the doctor or nurse who attended my daughter but to see their patient(s) recover from something is more than a thank you or welcome to them... they are all happy or just simply satisfied if they help someone.

But after Yzzy recovers my another nephew got a fever and vomits after eating any meal... my sister whose a mother of Sam - my nephew, rushed his son to Sta. Ana Hospital also when they learned that the hospital offers any patient in Manila (I think) for free.

Before Sam got well, my youngest son also got a fever. Of all the children in our family, Dré is the most fragile when it comes to fever because he has a history of a seizure when ever he gets a fever. You can know more about this incident on my former blog...

Imagine that in a week, all of them got sick, an epidemic I guess or just a coincidence. But what matters most is that they are all okay now.

I bought Dré a Optimus Prime shirt, shoes a game for his PS2 and a cute dress and a barbie game for Yzzy too of course ☺, seeing them smile back at me just takes those worry away. How I wish that my kids or any kids across the globe may avoid being sick in any way.

No comments:

Post a Comment