July 29, 2010

Wrong TV Exposure

Ever since, or let say when ever I watched a TV... and tuned it on the news, I always saw some reporter(s) doing some (in my opinion) wrong exposure on their report on national TV.

What is it? Well, let me put it this way... just like last night, I just watched a news regarding some raid on a drug den... the police(men) put some surveillance camera - that's what they said on tv - to see them (the drug pushers) sell illegal drugs. As the camera shows us viewers, the resident(s) of the house actually selling it (illegal drugs) just like selling some ordinary candy on a store. When the police officers decided to raid the place... the reporter told that they fight back at the officers and exchanged some gun fight and some fled on their rooftops... I think two men where dead from the result of a shoot out. 

Ok, the reporter got a scoop... and this is where the wrong exposure happens... as the reporter shows the paraphernalia that the police officers confiscated... the reporter then touched or picked the paper pouch and act like the reporter is putting in something to show how the drug pusher(s) put the illegal drugs to conceal it from any suspicion.

Hey! Isn't that a crime? Or, what the reporter just did is against the law isn't it? I mean, that's the evidence that the reporter had shown the televiewers? In my knowledge, when an evidence had been recovered, no one should touch, pick or handle the evidence with out any gloves or tweezers to avoid contaminating the evidence.

Or, should I ask... is there a law here in the Philippines regarding that matter? If there was... then the reporter(s) should be reminded or any reporters trying to strut their scoop.

If I have not mistaken yet... this is what happened to OJ Simpson. Some reporter pick the evidence and by the law(s) of their state or city it is the act of contaminating the hard evidence to nail the said suspect.

Am I watching too much TV or just hitting the mark?! Anyway, if it is a crime to show off the scoop then someone should held responsible for it and also the police officers who just let their evidence be touched.

This is only my opinion regarding this matter ever since I gained knowledge about it... and ever since then, some reporter(s) still do this...

No comments:

Post a Comment