July 08, 2010

Riding Tandem In Paco

After high noon, I went to Honda Paco in Manila to purchase a spark plug for my motorcycle. Just as I was walking along Paco, I heard some people shouting on the other side of the street where the Mercury drugstore is located. I scout the area for anything that is happening when I saw a motorcycle running wildly across the street. There, the driver that is wearing a helmet I thought is drunk or something but I saw his back ride or passenger on his back is putting some fist at the back...in my or in every ones surprise, there's a man hanging for his life at the tail of the motorcycle.


I thought that the third man that's clinging on the motorcycle was their friend that just slipped at the back of the motorcycle. I'm asking my self why isn't the driver try/tried to stop his motorcycle since there's a man that had been clinging on his vehicle that what I saw is so severely bruised from hanging. I tried to shout to stop his vehicle or to make a brake... but what it look like is that I think that they didn't hear me or every one that's shouting to stop. I thought that the motorcycle lose it's brakes, I'm thinking to stop it by kicking the front wheel or something to stop it... but, a man across the street stopped me as told me that the two men whose on the motorcycle is a snatcher and they just snatched the guy's neck lace.... the man, that had been clinging on the motorcycle is the one that had been snatched and he just trying to stop the thieves by hanging his self on the vehicle.

Everything that just happen is so fast... but when the driver / snatcher tried to shake their victim they suddenly lose control of the handle and that's when the motorcycle skid... the by standers, pedicab drivers and some security guards tried to stopped the two snatchers while the other helped the bruised guy... as I run towards them, I saw two policemen... before the people or should I say the angry mob get's to pound the driver his accomplice just make a run for his life. The first police officer tried ti control the angry mob to avoid any injuries on both parties... and no one knows if the snatchers have a gun or any weapon... as the police officer put a cuffs on the snatcher / driver the other policeman chased the accomplice... that's when the other bystanders help the police stopped the last crook by throwing some punches, kicks or anything to stop him from running... the accomplice had been pounded by the angry mob and the police officer is trying to control them... I've heard some men shouting that 'mamatay ka na, hayop ka! kami ang napagbibintangan minsan dito na gumagawa niyan...' - 'die you beast! we are the once that usually been accused by your doings...'.

As the victim tried to calm and take a hold of himself, others are cursing the two snatchers on what they did on the victim... the victim is about five foot seven and estimated around 180-200 pounds in weight... as I look at him, his left arm are heavily bruised from his slipshod and also his left thigh and legs... when the victim regain his control about the situation, he then suddenly throw a punch to the driver of the motorcycle who just snatched him... well, it didn't what we all expected that he will hit him directly... why? for pete's sake... why punch a guy on a face while he has his helmet is still on his head... damn! Anyway, he throw another punch and he make sure he could hit him... as the police officer tried to control the situation, the victim told the officer to let him go and let them fight mano y mano... well, the officer didn't comply to his request...

When the two officer get the hold of the people, victim and the snatchers then they decided to put them on bars...

Now that's a bad day to both of them...

1 comment:

  1. guys, update on this event of crime... it is not just a snatch on jewelry but a motorcycle nap...

    ReplyDelete