July 22, 2010

A Moth & A Grasshopper

Where I work... I can see different species of insects... maybe because just outside our office, there's an open land that serves home for the little crawlers or flyers.

Last week, I borrowed my wifes digital camera (Casio Exilim 7.2MP) to shoot some of it and show it to my kids... Why? Well, hopefully... they can still see it when they grow up even if it is on a photo.  :P


I still remember when I was young that I used to catch this and put them on a glass jar with a hole on the lid so that they can breath or something. I always wonder what they do look like in a much closer view. But sad to say, some of it died when I contained them... I was still young that time and had no knowledge if those things... but now, I want to teach my kids on how to handle them with care so that it can still exist for more of it's time.

Anyways, I'm not a pro camera user... i just put the setting on macro and just click...

Here's the pic of Asota Heliconia (I think)

And this is the grasshopper...


If someone could verify their species, please do leave a comment... Thanks! ^_^


No comments:

Post a Comment