December 24, 2008

Merry Christmas!

This is the day of gift giving, birth of Jesus (to some catholics), reunions and everything.

This is were all kids are very happy and very excited about their gifts. A time were Santa Claus is at his famous part of the year.

In my family, I personally not telling my kids about Santa's giving them gifts because I would like to show them a bit of reality but I do tell stories about Santa. It's not about whose giving but how it was given to them is important. Some gifts may be cash, toys or any items we admire but the famouse gift of all is love. I teach my children in their early fresh minds. Understanding it may be a bit hard for them but at least having an idea of what I say to them can be or can make a difference to them when they grow up.



When my daughter first saw the Jollibee commercial about giving toys to others she ask me what about it. I answered her that not all kids in the world can have toys like her or even clothes that she wear. I told her that she can help by giving some of her old toys or even not so old toys of her belongings. I was surprised that she hand pick a set of toys that can be a good gift to others.

If only we can all teach our selves too to be a Santa to others then the spirit of Christmas can happen not only once a year but though all the days of the coming year.

Happy holidays!

No comments:

Post a Comment