November 30, 2008

Dayo the Movie

I just stumble upon this web site yesterday. At first, I thought that this is just an ordinary low budget cartoon or animé. But when I saw the 1 minute trailer, wow! I'm impressed! A new look for the new generation. Its an entry for the MMFF (Metro Manila Film Festival) this December 2008. Dayo is the the title of the animé/cartoons.



A young boy name Bubuy crossroads with a manananggal name Anna. Anna didnt eat Bubuy 'coz she's a vegetarian she said. I know that this movie is very interesting to watch and has much more to offer.

I downloaded their trailer and let my kids watch it. Well watcha know... they love it! Even the theme song of it that goes "lipad, lipad, kaya kong lumipad... lipad, lipad ano man ang iyong hangad...." and I think it was sung by Rocksteddy.

Anyway, I hope that this is a good start for filipino talents or artists to show their wares. And I hope that they'll feature more of our culture and some local mythology or persona of it. Phillipines are full of different stories and beliefs.

You can visit their website to know more about their characters and stuffs just click the link.

The Dayo movie is part of the Manila Film Festival this coming 2008 of December. My kids cant wait to watch this. See you there guys!

No comments:

Post a Comment